Software Mind SA has developed and delivered an innovative system for selling mobile phone top-ups and payment of bills for GTECH - Enterprise Series Commercial Platform. The platform was launched as part of the lottery terminal network in Colombia.
GTECH is a leading gaming technology and integrated lottery operator and gaming services company, providing innovative technology solutions provider - a combined technology, creative content, and superior service company with worldwide scale, considerable delivery. Lottomatica S.p.A. is one of the world's financial strength, and industry-leading customer largest commercial lottery operators and a solutions. Lottomatica is publicly traded on the market leader in the Italian gaming industry. Italian Stock Exchange and has €2.3 billion in GTECH and Lottomatica together, under the revenue and 7,700 employees in approximately Lottomatica Group umbrella, create a fully 60 countires. In 2015, the company acquired American gaming company International Game Technology and again adopted the acquired company's name as its own. So new name of the company is IGT.
GTECH is a provider of sophisticated lottery IT systems that oers sales of lottery tickets. The company has sought for several years to provide additional services for its customers through the existing network of lottery terminals. Research has shown signicant demand for mobile phone top-up and electronic bill payment services. One of the rst GTECH customers who wanted to take advantage of the new oer was the company Lottomatica. The company has $3B in annual revenue, 7,700 employees and operates in 60 countries around the world.
- Lack of desired IT SOA infrastructure: GTECH completely lacked necessary IT infrastructure and software systems necessary for sale of new services like top-ups and payment of bills
- Time pressures: The company has realized that the competition was getting close to them, thus it was necessary that desired new services be available within 6 months of project launch
- Aggressive quality &ROI objectives from company leaders: The company’s CIO and CEO mandated that whole project needed to pay for itself within 2 years and provide 24x7 service with 99.99% availability.
Software Mind Solutions
An integrated system - ESCP (Enterprise Series Commercial Palatform) was created two months after starting the project, which became GTECH’s only solution oering all types of commercial services available in the lottery terminal network.
- Quick delivery of the desired IT Infrastructure: Software Mind as the author of a solution allowing for the sale of top-ups for mobile phones and the payment of bills, which was implemented in BillBird SA (consumer services are available under the names: "My bills", "My top-ups") became the ideal partner to work with GTECH. Successful project implementation at BillBird SA (35 000 payment terminals throughout Poland) assured GTECH about the legitimacy of cooperation with Software Mind.
- Timely delivery of required IT solution: Software Mind IT and business experience and specic expert knowledge has allowed for the rapid and smooth implementation of technology within the time window required by the customer
Software Mind Results
- Time-to-market: Project was successfully delivered in less than six months Along with two entities issuing bills (for electricity and for gas) and ve mobile network operators, more than 70,000 transactions per day were completed. The system has become a popular solution, used every day by hundrends of thousands of customers.
- ROI: GTECH, has signicantly increased its annual revenue and became the facto market leader in alternative payment for bills and topping up phones.
- Quality and Reliability: In a week since service launch, more than 70,000 transactions were completed per day without even a single failure or any type of even slight system malfunction.
- Cost: Software Mind has delivered the required service with 25% of costs under the agreed budget Project costs were reduced in relation to the predicted costs by 25% (cost below predictions).
David Taylor, GTECH Project Manager:
I want to add my thanks and congratulations for an excellent job on the [...] project. The release is now complete ahead of schedule, under budget and with zero outstanding issues. This was truly a team effort with everyone participating in identifying and resolving issues. Thanks again for your professionalism and your excellent work